Politique de confidentialité
We are the GOOD GIRL REBEL (“we”, “us”, “our”), and are committed to protecting your privacy.
GOOD GIRL REBEL is the controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) a united states company
If you have any requests to exercise your legal rights, please check section 10 (“What are my privacy rights?”) below.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW?
When you interact with us, whether by using our website or communicating with us, we may collect the following information about you:
- Information you give us: you may give us information about yourself if you sign up for an account on our website, place an order for products, complete any online forms (such as registration forms, competitions, surveys or by reviewing the products you’ve ordered), opt in to receive our newsletters and special offers, enter a competition or promotion, participate in social media functions or our Beauty Community on with our website, or correspond with us (by email, telephone, instant messaging apps, social media or otherwise).
Depending on what you provide, this information can include your name, address or location, phone number, email address, date of birth, gender, purchase information, shopping preferences, reviews, images and financial information (including your credit or debit card details, although we do not hold them, our payment processors do).
If you register an account on the website or on the GOOD GIRL REBEL Beauty Community, then you may choose to give us your photograph and nickname. From your GOOD GIRL REBELaccount, you can also invite your friends to shop at our website (including by email, Facebook, or Twitter). Even though we let them know that we’ve received their details from you, please ensure that you have your friend’s permission before sharing their contact details with us and only forward emails to people you know would be happy to receive them.
- Information we receive from other accounts or sources: we can receive information about you from other sources, such as other accounts (eg. when you use your Apple ID or Google Sign In to sign in on our website) or other websites, including data brokers, our partners, social media providers like Facebook and Twitter, advertising networks and analytics partners, and payment and delivery service providers.
By logging into our mobile applications via Apple, Google, Facebook or Twitter, or linking your GOOD GIRL REBELaccount on our website to your Apple, Google, Facebook or Twitter accounts, you are giving us permission to obtain certain information and content from these accounts. The specific types of information that we may obtain depends on your settings for that account or website, and will be subject to their privacy policies.
We supplement the data you provide us with data from data appending services such as public or social graph data in order to better serve you with content or promotions. We will append this data to our existing customer account information to better understand customers’ interests and to provide more relevant product recommendations and advertising, to increase our customer’s security when using our website and to comply with our legal obligations, such as sanctions laws. This information may include household size, household income, or profession. This information can be associated with your personal information such as name, email, address, physical address or phone number.
You can see more details about the third parties we use in section 5.
- Information our IT systems collect about you: each time you visit the website, certain information will be created and automatically recorded by our IT systems. That information includes:
Device information: the information provided by your device will differ depending on your operating system and device settings (eg. PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, or otherwise), but includes the type of device you have (eg. iPhone 6S or Samsung Galaxy S7), the device’s IP address and location, the browser you're using, your mobile network provider (for mobile devices), the pages you have visited, your time zone and country location, and crash or download error reports.
- Information we collect in store: the GOOD GIRL REBELGroup is always looking for new opportunities to improve your shopping experience and this extends to your experiences in-store. When you visit the Browns Stores, you may have the opportunity to use pioneering technology to enhance your in-store experience. You may also give us information about yourself in-store if you make a purchase using a credit or debit card, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition or promotion, provide us with feedback or otherwise interact or correspond with us in-store or after your visit. Where you use a WiFi-enabled device in-store, certain information may be provided by your device, which will differ depending on your device and settings. The information that may be provided is the type of device you have, the device identifier/media access control (MAC) address, the proximity of the device from the access point, location of the device, and where relevant, when and for how long the device is connected to the Wi-Fi network. You can prevent information being provided by turning off the Wi-Fi feature on your device. We might also register your interactions with the products, in order to enhance your in-store experience by providing you a more personalized service during your visit and after.
- WHAT DO YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
To provide you services and the website, including to allow you to order and receive products using our website, administer your account and to optimize your experience we need to use the information that we collect in a number of different ways.
We also use the information for marketing and advertising purposes. Where you have told us you would like to receive marketing communications or when you have made a purchase using our services, we and our partners will use your personal information (including your name, email address and address) to occasionally send you updates, news, and offers via email, post, or other forms of media. We may use your information (including supplemental information received from partners that we append to our existing customer information as described below), to tailor these messages to you. You may unsubscribe from our email marketing communications by modifying your preferences in your account’s profile management section, or by following the opt out instructions in the promotional emails that are sent to you.
You may unsubscribe from our email marketing communications by modifying your preferences in your GOOD GIRL REBELaccount’s profile management section, by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails that are sent to you or, by completing Unsubscribe Form
Should your country be covered by such services, we may use your information to provide you with shopping recommendations and personal styling-related services, therefore, you'll have access to an improved and more interactive shopping experience. Such services will be provided along with third-party providers, which will be acting as processors.
We also carry out research, analysis, and surveys on your use of our website, and views. We keep tracking your spend on our website to see if you can benefit from our exclusive loyalty programs, VIP customer program and Access. Finally we use your information to confirm your identity and perform credit checks or anti-fraud checks, in order to ensure your, and our, financial security. Please scroll down to find out the detailed purposes for which we collect your information, what specific information is collected and the legal basis for which we purpose that data.
To register and manage your GOOD GIRL REBELaccount on our Website, we collect your name, email, password and other additional details you may wish to add to your account, like phone number, addresses and gender. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you.
To fulfill the orders you make through our website: we collect your Name, addresses, phone number, Order details, like the products you are buying, the size and price. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you.
To collect payment from you: we collect your payment information, which comprises the credit/debit card’s number, holder’s name and CVV. We don’t store them and only transfer them to our authorized payment providers. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you.
To provide you with our customer services: (including helping you to solve any issue you have with our services, updating you about any change to our terms of service, or contacting you to know how was your experience with us): we collect your name, email, password, phone number and addresses and your contact history with us. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you and our legitimate interests in retaining you as a customer.
To handle possible health and safety queries related with Beauty products: along with the data collected to provide you our customer services, we will also collect the kind and severity of adverse reaction, the affected area and if any medical treatment was used or needed. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you and compliance with a legal obligation
To monitor the quality of our customer services: we collect your name, email, password, phone number and addresses, your response to our SMS inquiries about the quality of the service and your contact history with us (including phone records of our conversations and conversations through email or other instant messaging apps). The legal basis is the legitimate interests in running our business.
To review and post your reviews on your orders: we collect your name, age range, skin characteristics (such as type, tone, and concerns) and your written review. The legal basis is your consent.
To administer, maintain and optimize our Website and our services: we collect your device information (such as your device IP address and device type), cookie identifiers and browsing information. The legal basis is the legitimate interests in running our business.
To perform fraud and credit checks and if we can do business with you: we collect your name, email, addresses, credit/debit card details, browsing history, purchase history, date of birth, gender, specific behavioral cookies, device information (such as IP address and device type), any national identifiers (like driver’s license or ID cards) and any publicly available information (like social media profiles or news). The legal basis is the legitimate interests to protect GOOD GIRL REBELand its customers from fraudulent activities and compliance with a legal obligation.
To send you marketing communications and personalized offers: we collect your name, email, phone number, addresses, date of birth, purchase history, browsing history and behavior, device information, shopping preferences, cookie identifiers, internal identifiers and country. The legal basis is the legitimate interests in electronic direct marketing of similar products and services which you have acquired using our website. When such is not applicable, your consent to send you special offers and campaigns powered by GOOD GIRL REBELin cooperation with exclusive partners.
To manage our loyalty programmes: we collect your name, email, phone number, addresses, date of birth, purchase history, browsing history and behavior, device information, shopping preferences, nickname, cookie identifiers, internal identifiers, country, spent tier level and wealth. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improving your shopping experience.
To provide you with personalized recommendations and enhance your experience: we collect your name, email, phone number, addresses, date of birth, purchase history, browsing history and behavior, in-stores interactions with products, device Information, shopping preferences, nickname, cookie identifiers, internal identifiers, country, spent tier level and wealth. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improving your shopping experience.
To provide you information, through your GOOD GIRL REBELApp, about Good Girl Rebel’ partner boutiques and products closer to your location: we collect your name, location and device information. The legal basis is your consent to allow the GOOD GIRL REBELapp to access your location.
To carry on research, analysis, enquiries and surveys on your use of our website: we collect your Name; Addresses; Email; Device information, legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improve our Website and your experience.
To advertise and retarget advertising of both ours and our partners’ products and services: we collect your email, cookie identifiers and device information. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business.
To produce aggregated statistical reports: we use your order history, provided that the result of such reports do not identify you. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improving our website.
- WHO DO YOU SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH?
To provide our services and the website, we work with a number of carefully selected third parties. To do this, we may share your information with these third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- Third party service providers for business purposes: to function properly, we rely on a number of carefully selected third parties to provide us with services and products. We permit these companies to use your personal information only to the extent necessary to provide us with their services and products. Below you can find the types of third parties we use:
o Courier companies that we use in order to deliver the products to you and, as such, they need to have access to your order information, including your name and address. These providers have a global outreach, with many local companies that can be engaged depending on your shipping address.
o Payment providers that we use to process your payment information (including your credit/debit card details) so that we can collect payment from you. These are based in the European Union, United States and China and are engaged depending on your location.
o Anti-fraud and credit check providers to keep us and you secure. They have access to and process your information and associated orders to check for any fraudulent behavior. Our current providers are based in the United States, Europe and Israel.
o Analytics and search engine providers, like Google, that we use to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website. These providers are based in the United States and Europe.
o Customer Service management providers, that allow us to provide our customer services and improve and manage your customer experience. Our current provider is based in the United States.
o Marketing Tools providers that help us enable our marketing. These providers are based in the United States.
o Performance Marketing and Recommendations Providers that help us deliver advertising and recommendations of GOOD GIRL REBELproducts tailored to your interests and needs. These providers are based in Europe (mostly in the UK) and in the United States.
o Research companies that we can engage to help us carry out surveys regarding your use of our Website and Services. These providers are mostly based in Europe (mostly in the UK) or in the United States.
o Third parties that administer the platforms integrated with the Website, such as the selected partners which manage your product reviews and our Beauty Community.
o IT/technology providers that we use to support, maintain and provide our technology and IT infrastructure that supports our website and the storage of your information. This includes Microsoft Azure that we use to host your information. These providers are based in the Netherlands and Ireland.
- Advertizers for marketing purposes: we can provide your information to our advertising and social media partners that you select (including Facebook and Twitter), where they require the data to select and serve relevant adverts about ours and our partners’ products and services to you and others.
- Third party service providers to enrich data: We may also enrich, match or combine information we hold about you with data from other sources, for instance by sharing some of your personal data with selected business partners. These partners are based in the United States. We do this to better understand your customer profile and interests so that we can deliver customized offers and other personalized services.
- Third parties where we’re considering a corporate transaction: the GOOD GIRL REBELGroup is always looking for new opportunities and directions in which to grow. This means sometimes we may consider corporate transactions such as merger, acquisitions, reorganizations, asset sale, or similar. In these instances, we may transfer your information to enable the assessment and undertaking of that transaction. If we buy or sell any business or assets, your personal information may be one of the assets that are transferred.
- Third parties which help us provide you with a styling service: we’re always trying to find new and interactive ways to improve your shopping experience and provide a unique personal styling journey. To do so, we may rely on third-party service providers, if this service is available in your country.
- To comply with legal requests: on occasion we may be required to liaise with various regulators and law enforcement agencies in a number of different countries, whether as a result of law, a court order, or another legal process. Although we dispute requests wherever suitable, in some cases we may have to share your information with the regulators or law enforcement agencies. Where we consider it appropriate, and provided we are not prohibited from doing so by law or court order, we will attempt to notify you of these legal demands.
- Aggregated information with third parties: we may aggregate your information with the information of other customers, creating a dataset of information about the usage of our website, purchase of products, and other general, grouped information about our customers. The legal basis is our legitimate interest to understand the usage of our service and demand for our product. Although this dataset is aggregated and anonymised, meaning it cannot identify you as an individual, it provides a valuable insight into the use of our website and we may therefore share it with select third parties. These parties may include providers of plugins or similar technologies (to help measure traffic), our partners and other providers (to allow them to better stock products), and our investors.
- TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
By using our website and our services, you acknowledge and accept that your personal information will be processed in the United States.
To provide our website and our services, in accordance with the purposes set out above, we may transfer and store the personal information that we collect from you to a destination outside of the United States, mostly to the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or United Kingdom, either to one of our Group Companies, to one of our Partners or to one of the third parties with which we work with, as stated below:
o When transferring personal information to one of our Group Companies outside the EEA, which may include the United Kingdom, Europe, USA, Brazil, Russia, Japan, or China, we rely on the Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
o We transfer the personal information to one of our Partners outside the EEA, to the extent such transfer is needed to fulfill the contract between you and the Partner which you are ordering the products from.
o When transferring personal information to one of our third party services’ providers set out above, we rely on different adequacy measures, as set out below:
o Adequacy Decision: we transfer the personal data that we collect from you to conduct fraud checks to Israel, which was found to have an adequate level of protection for personal data under Commission Decision 2011/61/EU of 31 January 2011.
o Model Clauses: we rely in the EU Commission Standard Contractual Clauses and the (UK) International Data Transfer Addendum to the EU Commission Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
We use technology such as "cookies" to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided. These cookies will also inform us, about your behavior on our website, if we can do business with you and protect GOOD GIRL REBEL and its customers from fraudulent activities.
Performance cookies: these cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our website (eg. We use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site) and highlight areas we can improve such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies does not show personal details from which your individual identity can be established. They are also used to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. You may opt-in to these cookies using your browser settings.
Functionality cookies: these cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, color or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. You may opt in to these cookies using your browser settings.
Targeting cookies or advertizing cookies: these cookies collect information about your browsing habits and limited aggregated demographic information in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalized adverts when visiting other websites. You may opt-in to these cookies using your browser settings.
You can withdraw your consent to these cookies at any time through the following options:
- Google Analytics cookies across all websites, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Other third party cookies relating to behavioral advertising, please go to www.youronlinechoices.eu.
- Any other type of cookies, you can clean the cookies through your browser settings.
Please note that refusing cookies does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver adverts tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns, so you may see a greater number of adverts that are irrelevant to you and your preferences.
Keeping you and your personal information secure is very important to us. We take a number of reasonable steps to try to protect the personal information that you provide, including:
- Using a Transport Layer Secure (TLS) to encrypt the personal data that you send us during the order process (including any financial information such as credit or debit card details).
- Requiring you to establish a unique username and password to access your GOOD GIRL REBELaccount on our website.
- Not keeping details of your credit or debit card that would enable any third party to transact using that credit or debit card (such as your CVV number).
- Regularly monitoring our servers and IT systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Unfortunately, despite this, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to or through our website, and any such transmission is at your own risk. In particular, please keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information through other means of communication than the website in a non-protected environment (such as through email, sms, online messages) then that information can be collected and used by others outside of our or your control.
- HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
We retain the data you provide to us for as long as you have your GOOD GIRL REBEL account with us and thereafter for such period as you may have questions or a claim in relation to our services, notwithstanding any superior retention period that we may be obliged to observe in accordance with legal requirements applicable to us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data as set out below.
After you have terminated your use of our services, we may store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
- WHAT ARE MY PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you, which we detail below. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances as set out in more detail below. We also set out how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights and that can include asking a set of security questions to ensure it is you. When you have appointed someone else to do the request on your behalf, that person and/or organization needs to show a valid power of attorney issued by you. We must respond to a request by you to exercise those rights without undue delay and at least within one month (although this may be extended by a further two months in certain circumstances).
To exercise any of your rights, please fulfill a Data Subject Request Form
- Access: you have the right to know whether we process personal data about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with (including the categories of personal data we share with businesses for their direct marketing uses and the names and addresses of those businesses). Please note that in your GOOD GIRL REBEL account dashboard, you can see information about you, namely your account details (such as name, email, phone number, date of birth, the addresses you use for billing and shipping, your order history and shopping preferences).
You can also request a copy of your information. If you require more than one copy of the data we hold about you, we may charge a reasonable administration fee.
We may not provide you with certain personal data if providing it would interfere with another’s rights (e.g. where providing the personal data we hold about you would reveal information about another person) or where another exemption applies.
- Portability: you have the right to receive a subset of the personal data we collect from you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal data to another party. The relevant subset of personal data is data that you provide us with your consent or for the purposes of performing our contract with you. If you wish for us to transfer the personal data to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the personal data or its processing once received by the third party. We also may not provide you with certain data if providing it would interfere with another’s rights (e.g. where providing the personal data we hold about you would reveal information about another person or our trade secrets or intellectual property).
- Correction: you have the right to correct any personal data held about you that is inaccurate. You can edit your personal information in “My Account” settings. You can also request the correction by emailing us. Please note that in some cases we can ask you to explain in detail why you believe the personal data we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a correction is required. Please note that whilst we assess whether the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data as described below.
- Erasure: you may request that we erase the personal data we hold about you in certain circumstances. Please scroll down to know what those are:
You believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data we hold about you.
We are processing the personal data we hold about you on the basis of your consent, and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process the personal data.
We are processing the personal data we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is an overriding interest for us to retain such personal data.
You no longer wish us to use the personal data we hold about you in order to send you promotions and special offers.
You believe the personal data we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
Also note that you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the data whilst we consider your request as described below.
Please provide as much detail as possible on your reasons for the request to assist us in determining whether you have a valid basis for erasure. Please note that we may retain the personal data if there are valid grounds under law for us to do so (eg. for the defense of legal claims or freedom of expression) but we will let you know if that is the case.
Where you have requested that we erase data that we have made public and there are grounds for erasure, we will use reasonable steps to try to tell others that are displaying the data or providing links to the data to erase the data too.
- Restriction of Processing to Storage Only: you have a right to require us to stop processing the personal data we hold about you other than for storage purposes in certain circumstances. Please note that if we stop processing the personal data, we may use it again if there are valid grounds under data protection law for us to do so (eg. for the defense of legal claims or for another’s protection).
Listed below are the cases where you may request we stop processing and only store the personal data we hold about you:
You believe the personal data is not accurate for the period it takes for us to verify your claim.
You wish to erase the personal data as the processing we are doing is unlawful but you want us to retain the personal data for storage only and stop processing it.
We wish to erase the personal data as it is no longer necessary for our purposes but you require it to be stored for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
You have objected to us processing personal data we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you wish us to stop processing the personal data whilst we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us retaining such personal data.
You also have the right to object to our processing of data about you and we will consider your request in other circumstances as detailed below:
o We are processing the data we hold about you (including where the processing is profiling) on the basis of our or a third party’s legitimate interest and you object to such processing. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or if we need to process it in relation to legal claims. Also note that you may exercise your right to request that we stop processing the data whilst we make the assessment on an overriding interest.
- Withdrawal of Consent: You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your marketing preferences in your GOOD GIRL REBEL account or by completing the Unsubscribe Form
- by emailing us at support@Good Girl Rebel.com; or
- by writing to the Data Protection Officer,
This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk) or the data protection supervisory authority in the EU country in which you live or work where you think we have infringed data protection laws.”
- UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
GGR respects your privacy and takes your online safety seriously. In order to provide you with the best products, efficient customer service, and timely updates, we record a variety of information from your visit to our site. To better protect your privacy, we provide the notice below explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Thank you for accessing the website ("Site") of GGR (all references to “us” and “our" refer to Goodgirlrebel.com). We respect your privacy and want you to know about the policies we have in place to protect your personal information.
How we collect, use, and (under certain conditions) disclose your personal information.
The steps we’ve taken to secure your personal information.
Your options regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to this website and does not necessarily apply to personal information we collect from you offline. Please see the section on Offline Collection, Use & Disclosure of Information details. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any website other than Goodgirlrebel.com to which this Site links or that links to this Site.
By visiting our Site, you accept the practices described in this Notice.
1.) How does GoodGirlRebel.com collect information about me?
We collect information from Site users in several different ways, with the goal of providing an efficient, meaningful, and customized shopping experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
* Record and quickly bring up information you’ve given previously
* Help you quickly find information, products, and services
* Create content that is relevant to you
* Alert you of our new information, products, and services
Registration and Ordering: In order to use certain parts of this Site or order products, all customers must fill out an online registration form with personal information, including but not limited to, your name, gender, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address, and credit card number. In addition, we may ask for your country of residence and/or your organization's country of operation, so that we can comply with applicable laws and regulations. This information is used for billing, order processing and internal marketing as well as to communicate with you about your order and our site.
Email Addresses: Several locations on the Site allow you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: registering for free promotional notices, requesting notification when new brands or product styles arrive, or signing up for our email newsletter. In addition, any participation in promotional contests organized by GoodGirlRebel.com is completely voluntary and requires disclosure of contact information needed to notify winners and award prizes. We may post the names and cities of contest winners on our Site.
Phone Number: Several locations on the Site allow you to enter your phone number for purposes including but not limited to: SMS verification, registering for free promotional notices, requesting notification when new brands or product styles arrive, or signing up for our SMS newsletter.
Log Files: Like most websites, the Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (IP) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
Product Reviews: We ask for an email address and location along with the submission of all product reviews. Your email address will be kept private, but your location will be visible to other users. All other personal information that you choose to submit as part of the review will be available to other visitors to the Site.
2.) How does GoodGirlRebel.com use my personal information?
Internal Use: We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may use your personal information internally to collect general information about visitors to this Site, improve Site content and layout, improve our outreach, and market our services and products.
Communication with You: We will use your personal information to communicate with you about our Site and your orders. All customers must provide an email address to allow communication with GoodGirlRebel.com regarding orders placed. We may send you a confirmation email or a SMS verification after you register with us as well as service-related announcements as necessary (for example, temporary suspension of service for maintenance.) You may also submit your email address or phone number to request notification when we receive a new brand, product style or product, or to sign up for our email newsletter, SMS newsletter and special offers. You can unsubscribe or opt out of future emails at any time (see the Opt Out/Corrections section below for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails or SMS messages related to your orders.
3.) How are cookies and other technologies used to collect information?
* speed up navigation
* track site usage
* recognize users and user access privileges
* enable selection and purchase products on this Site record your browsing activity and purchases
This Site's cookies do not and cannot infiltrate a user’s hard drive to gather any confidential information.
This Site also uses web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or "action tags") to:
* help deliver cookies
* track views of a web page
Any information these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information we collect.
4.) Does GoodGirlRebel.com ever give out my personal information?
We sell Merchandise not Information — We do not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose your personal or financial information to anyone, except in the following specific situations:
Third-party service providers: Like most online retailers, we sometimes use third-party service providers to perform specific functions on our behalf. Any information disclosed to them is solely to help in their provision of service. For example, we provide your name, shipping address, email and phone number to partners such as DHL and UPS in order to guarantee delivery of your orders, and we may use relevant customer information in order to monitor the quality of the third party’s service.
Similarly, we must provide your credit card number to financial services organizations such as credit card processors and issuers in order to process payments. We protect all submissions of your credit card number for authorization with state-of-the-art data encryption. (More on this below in the Data Security section.)
Merger and/or sale of assets:
We do not normally sell, trade or rent personal information
to other companies in the course of our business. However, it is possible that we might acquire, merge with or be acquired by another company, or that we might dispose of some or all of our assets, in which case your personal information could be disclosed to another company, subject to the Privacy Notice in effect.
Non-personally identifiable information: We may share information that does not identify you or any user, such as the number of daily visitors to a particular page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date, with third parties such as advertising partners.
5.) Is information GoodGirlRebel.com collects about me secure?
This Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, such as:
* Safeguarding all financial transactions done through this Site with Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") encryption
* Granting only employees who are providing a specific service access to your personal information
* Working only with third-party service providers who we believe adequately secure all computer hardware.
While our business is designed with safeguarding your personal information in mind, please remember that 100% security does not presently exist anywhere, online or offline.
What choices do I have regarding GoodGirlRebel.com’s collection of my information?
You can choose to:
* Correct or update your personal information
* Stop receiving mail to your email address
* Stop receiving SMS messages to your phones
* Disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account
To correct or update your personal information, log in to My Accounts and change it.
To unsubscribe from emails you receive from GoodGirlRebel.com, follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email and select the option appropriate for you.
6.) Are children allowed to use GoodGirlRebel.com?
We respect children's privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. Elsewhere on this Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or are using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian.
If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you when using the Site.
7.) How does GoodGirlRebel.com use and disclose information collected from me offline?
We also protect all personal information that is collected from you offline, such as through phone calls. If we contact you by telephone regarding an order or payment, we will ask only for the personal information needed to place your order or resolve your issue. When we need to store information related to an order, we enter it into our database through SSL encryption (See the Data Security section above for more information).
This Policy does not attempt to cover all possible offline methods of collecting or using personal information, however, we will treat any offline collection, use, or disclosure of personal information in a manner consistent with our online practices.
8.) Where can I find updates to this policy?
To keep you informed of what information we collect, use, and disclose, we will post any changes or updates to this Privacy Notice on this Site and encourage you to review this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please contact us with any questions about the Privacy Notice.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Welcome to the website of GoodGirlRebel.com. GoodGirlRebel.com provides its services to you subject to the notices, terms, and conditions set forth in this agreement (the “Agreement”). In addition, when you use any GoodGirlRebel.com service (e.g., Customer Reviews), you will be subject to the rules, guidelines, policies, terms, and conditions applicable to such services, and they are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference. GoodGirlRebel.com reserves the right to change this site and these terms and conditions at any time.
Accessing, browsing, or otherwise using the site indicates your agreement to all the terms and conditions in this agreement. Please read this agreement carefully before proceeding.
Use of Site:
You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old or visiting the Site under the supervision of a parent or guardian. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, GoodGirlRebel.com hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access and use the Site by displaying it on your internet browser only for the purpose of shopping for personal items sold on the Site and not for any commercial use or use on behalf of any third party, except as explicitly permitted by GoodGirlRebel.com in advance. Any breach of this Agreement shall result in the immediate revocation of the license granted in this paragraph without notice to you.
Except as permitted in the paragraph above, you may not reproduce, distribute, display, sell, lease, transmit, create derivative works from, translate, modify, reverse-engineer, disassemble, decompile or otherwise exploit this Site or any portion of it unless expressly permitted byGoodGirlRebel.com in writing. You may not make any commercial use of any of the information provided on the Site or make any use of the Site for the benefit of another business unless explicitly permitted by GoodGirlRebel.com in advance. GoodGirlRebel.com reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders in its discretion, including, without limitation, if GoodGirlRebel.com believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to GoodGirlRebel.com’s interests.
You shall not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish through this Site any Content, information, or other material that (a) violates or infringes the copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights of any person; (b) is libelous, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic, or could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under U.S. or international law; or (c) includes any bugs, viruses, worms, trap doors, Trojan horses or other harmful code or properties. GoodGirlRebel.com may assign you a password and account identification to enable you to access and use certain portions of this Site. Each time you use a password or identification, you will be deemed to be authorized to access and use the Site in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and GoodGirlRebel.com has no obligation to investigate the authorization or source of any such access or use of the Site.
You will be solely responsible for all access to and use of this site by anyone using the password and identification originally assigned to you whether or not such access to and use of this site is actually authorized by you, including without limitation, all communications and transmissions and all obligations (including, without limitation, financial obligations) incurred through such access or use. You are solely responsible for protecting the security and confidentiality of the password and identification assigned to you. You shall immediately notifyGoodGirlRebel.com of any unauthorized use of your password or identification or any other breach or threatened breach of this Site's security.
This “site” is owned by GoodGirlRebel (“GoodGirlRebel.com”)
Reviews and Comments
Except as otherwise provided elsewhere in this Agreement or on the site, anything that you submit or post to the site and/or provide GoodGirlRebel.com, including, without limitation, ideas, know-how, techniques, questions, reviews, comments, and suggestions (collectively, "Submissions") is and will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary, and by submitting or posting, you agree to irrevocably license the entry and all IP rights related thereto (excluding the moral rights such as authorship right) to GoodGirlRebel.com without charge and GoodGirlRebel.com shall have the royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, and transferable right to use, copy, distribute, display, publish, perform, sell, lease, transmit, adapt, create derivative works from such Submissions by any means and in any form, and to translate, modify, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or decompile such Submissions. All Submissions shall automatically become the sole and exclusive property of GoodGirlRebel.com and shall not be returned to you and you agree not to raise any dispute in connection with any use of the entry by GoodGirlRebel.com in the future.
You warrant that your Submissions, in whole or in part, are clear and free of any IP right infringement, disputes or third party claims. GoodGirlRebel.com assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright or any other rights of third parties by you. You undertake to defense for and indemnify the Sponsor against any losses caused due to the use of the entries for any purposes.
In addition to the rights applicable to any Submission, when you post comments or reviews to the site, you also grant GoodGirlRebel.com the right to use the name that you submit with any review, comment, or other Content, if any, in connection with such review, comment, or other content. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the reviews, comments, and other Content that you post on this site and that use of your reviews, comments, or other Content byGoodGirlRebel.com will not infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party. You shall not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead GoodGirlRebel.com or third parties as to the origin of any Submissions or Content. GoodGirlRebel.com may, but shall not be obligated to remove or edit any Submissions (including comments or reviews) for any reason.
All text, graphics, photographs or other images, button icons, audio clips, logos, slogans, trade names or word software and other contents on the website of GoodGirlRebel.com (collectively, "Content"), belongs exclusively to GoodGirlRebel.com or its appropriate content suppliers. You may not use, reproduce, copy, modify, transmit, display, publish, sell, license, publicly perform, distribute or commercially exploit any of the Content or otherwise dispose of any of the Content in a way not permitted by GoodGirlRebel.com, without GoodGirlRebel.com's express prior written consent. The use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on GoodGirlRebel.com as well as the use of GoodGirlRebel.com trademarks or service marks in meta-tags is strictly prohibited. You may view and use the Content only for your personal information and for shopping and ordering on the site and for no other purpose. If you happen to come across any of our content hosted on a third-party site, please do not hesitate to contact us at: GoodGirlRebel@gmail.com. The collection, arrangement, and assembly of all content on this site (the "Compilation") belong exclusively to GoodGirlRebel.com. You may not use GoodGirlRebel.com's Content or Compilation in any manner that disparages or discreditsGoodGirlRebel.com or in any way that is likely to cause confusion or violation of any applicable laws or regulations. All software used on this Site (the "Software") is the property of GoodGirlRebel.com and/or its Software suppliers. The Content, the Compilation and the Software are all protected under state, national and international copyright laws. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by GoodGirlRebel.com. Violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
GoodGirlRebel.com recognizes and respects all copyrights and trademarks. As such, any usage of television, motion picture, music, film festival or other names or titles have no connection to GoodGirlRebel.com and are the sole property of the copyright or trademark holders. Our dresses are inspired by celebrity style and are our recreations of item’s worn by the celebrities on your favorite television shows and the red carpet, however they are not authorized, endorsed by, or connected to these shows in any way and are not meant as infringements of any registered trademarks or copyrights.
Intellectual Property Infringement Policy
It is the policy of GoodGirlRebel.com to take appropriate action where necessary to uphold and recognize all relevant State, Federal and International laws in connection with material that is claimed to be infringing any trademark, copyright, patent and all or any other Intellectual Property laws. If you are an intellectual property rights owner and you believe that GoodGirlRebel.com sells, offers for sale, or makes available goods and/or services that infringe your intellectual property rights, then send the following information in its entirety to Goodgirlrebel@gmail.com
1. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive that is allegedly infringed;
2. A description of the allegedly infringing work or material;
3. A description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on the site (product(s) URL);
4. Information reasonably sufficient to allow us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the copyright or other proprietary right owner, its agent, or the law;
6. Identification of the intellectual property rights that you claim are infringed by the Website(e.g. "XYZ copyright", "ABC trademark, Reg. No. 123456, registered 1/1/04",etc); and
7. A statement by you that the above information and notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner whose exclusive right is allegedly infringed.
Termination and Effect of Termination
In addition to any other legal or equitable remedies, GoodGirlRebel.commay, without prior notice to you, immediately terminate the Agreement or revoke any or all of your rights granted under this Agreement. Upon any termination of this Agreement, you shall immediately cease all access to and use of the site and GoodGirlRebel.com shall, in addition to any other legal or equitable remedies, immediately revoke all password(s), and account identification issued to you and deny your access to and use of this Site in whole or in part. Any termination of this Agreement shall not affect the respective rights and obligations (including without limitation, payment obligations) of the parties arising before the date of termination.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THE STANDARD TERMS OF SALE THAT GOVERN THE SAME OF EACH PRODUCT ON THIS SITE, THIS SITE, THE PRODUCTS OFFERED FOR SALE ON IT AND THE TRANSACTIONS CONDUCTED THROUGH IT ARE PROVIDED BY GoodGirlRebel.comON AN “AS IS” BASIS. GoodGirlRebel.com MAKES NO PRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HERE TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, GoodGirlRebel.com DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, DATA ACCURACY, AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION. THIS SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES, MISTAKES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. GoodGirlRebel.com DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT WILL BE UNITERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GoodGirlRebel.com WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GoodGirlRebel.com’s TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES (REGARDLESS OF THE FOUNDATION FOR THE ACTION) SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE AMOUNT OF FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO GoodGirlRebel.com DURING THE MONTH IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE ACT ALLEGEDLY GIVING RISE TO GoodGirlRebel.com’s LIABILITY.
Please note that there may be certain orders that we are unable to accept and must cancel. GoodGirlRebel.com reserves the right, at sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason. Some situations that may result in your order being canceled include limitations on quantities available for purchase, inaccuracies or errors in product or pricing information, or problems identified by our credit and fraud avoidance department. We may also require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. We will contact you if all or any portion of your order is canceled or if additional information is required to accept your order.
If you reside in a country within the European Union, these terms are an agreement between you and GoodGirlRebel.com. Under this agreement, goods and/or services will be delivered via GoodGirlRebel.com as an agent of GoodGirlRebel.com, depending on the type of payment method used for the purchase of the goods and/or services. If you reside in any other country, then these terms are an agreement between you and GoodGirlRebel.com and goods and/or services will be delivered by GoodGirlRebel.
While GoodGirlRebel.com strives to provide accurate product and pricing information, pricing or typographical errors may occur. GoodGirlRebel.com cannot confirm the price of an item until after you order. In the event that an item is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or product information, GoodGirlRebel.com shall have the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that item. In the event that an item is mis-priced, GoodGirlRebel.com may, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
Pricing in Different Currencies
Pricing of products sold by GoodGirlRebel.com is based upon figures calculated in U.S. Dollars (US$). Prices displayed in other currencies are converted from U.S. Dollars according to the most up to date conversion rates. Due to fluctuating currency values, prices displayed in non-U.S. denominations of currency on the Site, other than on the individual product page, may not be the most current. Areas of the Site where non-U.S. denominations of currency might be inaccurate include, but are not limited to, promotional banners, promotional pages, and information on product category pages. The price displayed on an individual product page, regardless of currency denomination, is the current price you are liable to pay to GoodGirlRebel.com, excluding shipping.
Where the parties fail to settle dispute within 30 days after such dispute occurs, they agree to submit such dispute for arbitration which shall be conducted in accordance with the Commission's arbitration rules in effect at the time of applying for arbitration. The arbitral awards are final and binding upon both parties.
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge that GoodGirlRebel.com is not responsible for the operation of or content located on or through any such site.
You agree that GoodGirlRebel.com's remedy at law for any actual or threatened breach of this Agreement would be inadequate and that GoodGirlRebel.com shall be entitled to specific performance or injunctive relief, or both, in addition to any damages that GoodGirlRebel.com may be legally entitled to recover, together with reasonable expenses of any form of dispute resolution, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees.
No right or remedy of GoodGirlRebel.com shall be exclusive of any other, whether at law or in equity, including, without limitation, damages injunctive relief, attorneys' fees and expenses.
No instance of waiver by GoodGirlRebel.com of its rights or remedies under these terms and conditions shall imply any obligation to grant any similar, future or other waiver.